How to Practice with Our Taichi Videos
Each Taichi video and DVD contains specific step-by-step demonstrations and/or verbal teaching sessions by Master Waysun Liao. Beginners will find it easy to follow along, while longtime students can use these videos to support and refine their practice.
These videos may be different from other videos you’re used to. Master Liao’s videos are mostly LIVE classroom teachings. Your video or DVD brings you right into the practice room with Master Liao and make you part of the class. Our videos are for students seeking quality of information over style and commercial-level content. Nothing is rehearsed or staged. We want you to have a true and authentic experience — just as if you were learning at the feet of a real master — because you are!
Don’t you deserve all the benefits of health and well-being that Taichi has to offer through training from a real Taichi master? That’s why Master Liao’s video teaching is simply the most powerful and sought after Taichi tool available today. Taichi is a big commitment of time, practice, and dedication. Make your practice investment count to the utmost by sticking with the best instruction!
Taichi Practice Tips:
- Wear comfortable clothes and flat flexible-soled shoes.
- You can learn our recommended Single Form style, or apply these principles to any style of Taichi you are currently studying.
- Follow along as best you can. Don’t worry if you can’t perform each movement or technique perfectly. Over time, your body will gradually accommodate to the movements and you will be able to relax and feel more confident.
- Once you’ve watched a video or DVD, don’t forget to return and re-watch in a few months or even years. You’ll be surprised at what new information you pick up as your Taichi ability and understanding grows.
- If you’re just starting, try to learn two or three single forms and practice each of them for a few minutes each day.
- You can set aside a specific time to practice each day or simply practice a few minutes here and a few minutes there. You’ll make great progress by using spare time like waiting in line, or your coffee break, to do a few repetitions of single forms.
- Augment your video learning by attending one of Master Waysun Liao’s seminars, or visiting the Taichi Tao Center here in Chicago. That way you can ask questions and have an instructor see and correct your form.